Here is 10 consumer trends in China for Butter market for 2024:
- Health-conscious choices: Consumers may continue to prioritize healthier options, leading to increased demand for low-fat or reduced-sodium butter alternatives.
- Dairy-free options: The popularity of dairy-free and plant-based butter substitutes, such as almond, coconut, or soy-based butter, may continue to rise among consumers with lactose intolerance or those adopting a vegan lifestyle.
- Premium and artisanal butter: Consumers might seek out premium and artisanal butter products, valuing their quality and unique flavors.
- Organic and sustainable sourcing: An increasing focus on environmentally friendly and ethically sourced products could drive demand for organic and sustainably produced butter.
- Functional ingredients: Butter enriched with functional ingredients like probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids, or vitamins could gain popularity as consumers seek additional health benefits.
- Flavor innovations: Butter with unique flavors and ingredients, such as truffle-infused or herb-infused butter, may attract adventurous consumers looking to enhance their culinary experiences.
- Local and regional products: Consumers might show a preference for locally produced butter, supporting domestic dairy industries and reducing the carbon footprint associated with transportation.
- Convenience and packaging: Butter products with convenient packaging, such as single-serving portions or easy-to-spread formats, could become more popular for busy consumers.
- E-commerce growth: The continued growth of e-commerce platforms may enable consumers to access a wider range of butter products and brands, including imported options.
- Sustainability and packaging: Environmentally friendly packaging, such as biodegradable or recyclable materials, might become more important to consumers concerned about sustainability.
China increased its dairy imports by 30 percent, during the 3 first months this year with butter the main driver in the increase. China is a very interesting market with enormous potential. The single most difficult thing is competition. Foreign brands see a huge market here in China, but every other dairy board is thinking the same thing.
Need a cost effective TP (Tmall Partner) to sell in China?
We are an Official Tmall Partner e-commerce Agency. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.
- The Global Butter Market is anticipated to observe a compound annual growth rate of 4.2% over the forecast period of 2017-2023.
Butter Market Trends in China
As stated, food safety is very important to Chinese consumers and as such with the low awareness of margarine and what it contains is an issue for the market.
This is with 80% of Chinese consumers buying butter whilst 20% of consumers are buying vegetable margarine. Moreover, for consumers, the difference between butter and margarine is not clear. This can be attributed to the Chinese characters used for both products with the distinction being quite small with only the first character differing.
The growth of the fastfood industry is also a key growth influencer. Changing lifestyle and growing consumption of fast food and convenience food has generated additional demand for butter. Moreover, developing economy and the growing trend of cross-region cuisines foster market growth.
Essentials for Any 2024 Digital Marketing Strategy
Nowadays, a solid digital marketing strategy has become very important for business. The only question now is how to best serve it up. Your business’s success depends on the right type of strategy that can generate higher sales, new customers, and long-term growth.
How to market Butter, Diary brand in China, 10 usefuls Tips
We are a professional agency, our main client is Yili Group, leader in Diery product in China
- Localization of Products: Consider offering butter products that cater to Chinese tastes and preferences, such as butter with unique flavors or packaging suited for Chinese cooking styles.
- Leverage Social Media Platforms WeChat: Create an official WeChat account for your brand to engage with consumers, share product information, and offer promotions. WeChat is a versatile platform for marketing.
- Maximize Douyin (TikTok): Utilize short video content on Douyin to showcase creative uses of your butter, share cooking tips, and run fun challenges or contests to engage with a 800 million audience in 2024.
- Content Marketing on Zhihu: Establish your brand’s authority by providing valuable content on platforms like Zhihu (Chinese Quora). Answer questions related to dairy products, cooking, and nutrition to gain trust and awareness.
- Kuaishou: This platform is popular in smaller cities and rural areas. Consider creating content that resonates with these audiences, such as rural cooking or traditional recipes using your butter.
- KOLs: Partner with Chinese influencers or Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the food and cooking niche to promote your butter products through reviews, tutorials, and recommendations.
- E-commerce : List your products on popular e-commerce platforms like Tmall, JD.com, and Taobao. Ensure your product descriptions and images are appealing and accurate.
- QR Codes for Offline Engagement: Incorporate QR codes on your packaging and marketing materials that link to your social media accounts, website, or promotional content. This allows consumers to easily access more information.
- Loyalty Programs and Discounts: Offer incentives for repeat purchases, such as loyalty programs or discounts for WeChat followers. Chinese consumers appreciate value and rewards.
- Online Customer Support: Provide prompt and helpful customer support through messaging apps like WeChat. Addressing inquiries and concerns promptly can build trust and customer satisfaction.
We have contacts of Supermarkets in China, and networks of 100 importers and distributors
Traditional online advertising is more annoying than effective. Over 54 percent of internet users don’t click on banner ads simply because they don’t trust them.
It’s now a marketer’s job to stay ahead of the digital marketing curve, keep up-to-date on trends, and break through the clutter. Here are seven tips to optimize your digital marketing strategy.
Prioritize your audience needs over bells and whistles
While you are consumed with building your web presence and developing your product or service, it’s easy to lose sight of the customer you want to target. When building a brand online, too many people rush to buy ads and acquire traffic to drive revenues by brute force. You’ll acquire and retain customers more cost-efficiently and keep money in your coffers for higher-risk marketing strategies.
Audit Baidu SEO more frequently
Search engine optimization can significantly help your brand reach the people who want what you’re offering. We recommend updating your SEO once a quarter; after all, Baidu updates its algorithm more than 500 times a year. Find the keywords that are making your business gain or lose traction in the search engine cycle in order to make your brand as discoverable and searchable as possible.
Prepare your Content, education, receipe
Posting relevant and valuable content drives traffic to your Chinese website and social media pages, while also increasing your ranking in search engines on Baidu.
Each post you create is one more indexed page on your website, making it more likely Chinese customers will find you when searching online. It also indicates to search engines that your website is active, which will help keep your content to the top of Baidu search engine results. Further, Posting relevant articles gives your brand a voice, and 91 percent of consumers say they are more likely to buy from a brand that is authentic rather than generic.
Don’t give Chinese social media short shrift
Social media in China has become one of the biggest tools for marketing any brand. By first finding out what platforms your Chinese audience uses, you can then target your posts to the best times and dates to share. Engage with your audience on Chinese social media such as Wechat and Weibo by starting conversations and responding to both praise and grievances.
Chinese people are very active on social media with social
Make your eCommerce Platform looks great
Chinese consumers expect cohesion across platforms, and the better accessibility you provide your audience, the more likely they are to purchase.
The Chinese e-commerce ecosystem is clearly dominated by two powerful players, Alibaba and JD.com. While most reports about ecommerce in China talk about the dominance of the duopoly, a third player is making headlines for its steady rise.
Douyin ecommerce is a Game changer
Douyin’s integration of e-commerce features has indeed been a game changer for the social media and online shopping landscape. Here are three reasons why Douyin e-commerce is considered a game changer:
- Seamless Shopping Experience: Douyin has successfully integrated shopping features directly into its platform, allowing users to discover and purchase products without leaving the app. Users can watch short videos showcasing products, and if they like something, they can click on the product links and complete the purchase within the app. This seamless shopping experience reduces friction for consumers, making impulse purchases more likely and streamlining the entire buying process.
- High Engagement: Douyin is known for its highly engaging and addictive short video content. Users spend a significant amount of time on the platform, scrolling through videos. By incorporating e-commerce elements, brands can capture the attention of a massive and engaged user base. This means that businesses can reach a large audience with their products and convert viewers into customers more effectively than on traditional e-commerce platforms.
- Educational Marketing: Douyin has a thriving ecosystem of influencers and content creators who have a significant impact on their followers’ buying decisions. These influencers often collaborate with brands to promote products in entertaining and engaging ways. This influencer marketing approach on Douyin can generate a high return on investment as influencers have built trust with their audience, making product recommendations more persuasive.
In summary, Douyin’s e-commerce integration simplifies the shopping experience, leverages its highly engaged user base, and harnesses the power of influencer marketing to create a game-changing platform that merges social media and online shopping seamlessly. This trend is reshaping how businesses market and sell their products to a massive Chinese audience.
Remember that authenticity reigns supreme in any of these strategies. Once you have that, an online presence allows you to connect with your audience in ways previously unknown and build a brand that they’ll continuously want to engage with.
Gentlemen Marketing Agency
Contact us! We be happy to help you and your business
Why Diary Brands are choosing GMA (Gentleman Marketing Agency) for marketing, distribution, and e-commerce needs in China:
- Expertise in Dairy Industry with Yili Group: GMA’s deep-rooted expertise in the dairy industry, exemplified by its partnership with Yili Group, ensures that your dairy-related products receive specialized attention and tailored marketing strategies. This experience can lead to better market penetration and product positioning.
- Local Network of Distribution: GMA’s extensive local network of distribution partners can help streamline the distribution process, ensuring that your products reach the right markets and customers efficiently. This local presence is invaluable for navigating China’s diverse and dynamic market landscape.
- Professional Branding in Food & Beverage (F&B): GMA’s proficiency in branding within the food and beverage sector means that your brand and products will be presented effectively to the Chinese audience. Expert branding can build consumer trust and loyalty, ultimately driving sales and market share.
- Douyin Partnership: GMA’s partnership with Douyin (TikTok in China) positions your brand to harness the immense marketing potential of this popular short-video platform. Leveraging Douyin’s vast user base for engaging and creative promotional content can significantly boost your brand’s visibility and customer engagement.
- Tmall Partnership: GMA’s partnership with Tmall, one of China’s leading e-commerce platforms, provides your brand with access to a wide and established online marketplace. This collaboration can simplify your e-commerce operations and enable your products to reach a vast online customer base.