Marketing to China it's also an Agency
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.Contact us Today
Choose the right type of WeChat accountWeChat Official Accounts allow famous people, media, governments and enterprises to keep in touch with their audience. As the audience is different, in order to target the right one, WeChat official account is divided into 3 kinds of accounts :
Service AccountService accounts are designed to provide services to users.
- It is only possible to send 4 group messages per month, including 1 to 6 articles each time.
- The message to subscribers or fans will be displayed in their chat list, corresponding to Wechat’s home page, which alerts user instantly.
- Service accounts can apply for a custom menu.
Subscription accountSubscription accounts aim to provide information to users.
- It is possibly to send 1 group messages per day (24 hours). A group of messages can include until 6 articles each time
- The message to subscribers will be displayed in the “subscription account” folder on Wechat’s home page.
Enterprise accountThis type of account is primary for internal communication. It aims to help enterprises, government agencies, schools, hospitals and other institutions to establish connections with employees and other partners. It allows to simplify the management process and to improve communication. Enterprise accounts are not available to the public nor marketers. They have high security system because of multiple internal management functions such as resource sharing, or internal chat room. Users have to be added manually by the account owner, with their name, phone number and WeChat ID. For corporate and organizations, the limit of official accounts number is today reduced to 5 (comparing to 50 in the past). For subscription account, it is now 2 instead of 5 before. As Wechat is constantly evolving, it is important to stay up to date in order to have the better use of it.
How to create your WeChat official account ?Chinese people are always connected (we can clearly feel this phenomenon in the subway). They spend an average of 3 hours surfing on social media apps everyday. To have a WeChat account can definitely help your visibility and promotion.
What you should knowIt exists China WeChat official account and Overseas WeChat overseas account. An oversea WeChat account is registered outside of mainland China. The difference between these two is very important for marketing orientation. Chinese users won’t have access to overseas accounts while oversea users can have access to both China and overseas official account. If you expected to target Chinese audience, an overseas account won’t be sufficient as the account won’t be seen inside China.
What you need to set up a Wechat official accountYou need a Chinese legal entity like Chinese national ID and an available Chinese phone number (+86) to create a China official account.
- For Foreign company you could use the business license from another Chinese legal entity. As each company can register up to 5 WeChat accounts, they can apply for a Wechat China official account for your business using their rights. Although the account will be linked to the third-party company.
- Foreign company could also use an overseas license, by creating a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Own Enterprise) which gives investors the legal rights to do business in China. Otherwise you can choose to form a joint venture with a Chinese partner or companies that are part of a Chinese-global conglomerate. But it can be expensive and requires significant time and investment.