The sales of lactoferrin supplements is booming in China in 2023 and 2024.
We can see a remarkable surge in Ecommerce sales, and in demand. Lactoferrin, a valuable bioactive protein, played a prominent role in the success of health and wellness product sales on this occasion.
Need a cost effective TP (Tmall Partner) to sell in China?
We are an Official Tmall Partner e-commerce Agency. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.
- Surging Demand for Lactoferrin: Despite the overall slowdown in consumer spending, the demand for lactoferrin supplements experienced an impressive doubling in sales during China’s Double 11 shopping extravaganza.
- Health-Conscious Consumers: Chinese consumers are increasingly prioritizing their health and well-being, and lactoferrin is gaining recognition for its potential health benefits, including immune support and gut health improvement.
- Boosted Immunity: In light of global health concerns, many consumers are turning to immune-boosting supplements like lactoferrin to enhance their body’s defense mechanisms against illnesses.
- Probiotic Synergy: Lactoferrin is often combined with probiotics to create powerful immune-enhancing and gut health-boosting formulations. This combination proved to be particularly popular among consumers during the shopping event.
- Educated Consumer Base: Growing awareness and education around lactoferrin’s advantages have contributed to its increasing popularity among Chinese consumers, further driving its sales.
- Diverse Product Offerings: Various lactoferrin-enriched products, including dietary supplements, functional foods, and infant nutrition, were promoted and purchased by consumers looking to improve their health.
- Brand Trust: Established brands with a reputation for product quality and safety were the primary beneficiaries of this surge in lactoferrin sales, as consumers gravitated towards trusted names.
- E-commerce Dominance: The Double 11 event, famous for its online shopping frenzy, saw lactoferrin sales predominantly through e-commerce platforms, showcasing the growing influence of digital channels in the supplement industry.
- Future Growth Potential: The robust performance of lactoferrin sales in China’s Double 11 event highlights its potential for sustained growth in the country’s health and wellness market.
In summary, the remarkable increase in lactoferrin supplement sales during China’s Double 11 shopping event underscores the growing importance of health-conscious consumers seeking immune support and overall well-being. As consumer awareness and confidence in lactoferrin continue to rise, it is poised to become a significant player in China’s dietary supplement market.
- Mandatory Differentiation: China enforces mandatory product differentiation for certain products, including infant nutrition. Despite sharing the same primary ingredient, such as lactoferrin, these products must incorporate distinct specific ingredients like calcium or DHA, ensuring no two products from the same manufacturer have identical properties.
- Regulatory Impact: These stringent regulatory requirements pose a significant challenge to achieving success in the Chinese infant nutrition market, as compliance necessitates careful formulation and unique product variations.
- Lactoferrin’s Significance: Lactoferrin holds exceptional value in China’s infant nutrition landscape, stemming from a tragic 2008 milk scandal that led to widespread distrust in infant formula quality and composition.
- Premiumization Trend: The aftermath of the milk scandal prompted Chinese consumers to seek higher-quality infant nutrition products, spurring a trend towards premiumization. This trend resulted in the establishment of a DHA/Lactoferrin standard for quality.
- Assurance of Quality: Awareness campaigns highlighting the benefits of ingredients like lactoferrin have led consumers to associate their presence with a guaranteed seal of quality in infant nutrition products.
- Lactoferrin as a Standard: Lactoferrin has become a market standard in the sector, signifying a commitment to quality, safety, and trustworthiness in infant nutrition products.
- China’s Global Impact: China’s demand for lactoferrin is substantial, with the country consuming approximately 50% of the global production of this valuable ingredient.
The health supplement market in China is experiencing rapid growth, driven by a rising awareness of health and wellness, an aging population, and an increased focus on preventive healthcare. If you’re considering entering this lucrative market, it’s essential to understand the strategies and platforms that can help you effectively market and sell health supplements in China.
Key Strategies for Marketing Health Supplements in China:
- Understanding Local Preferences: Conduct thorough market research to understand the specific health concerns and preferences of Chinese consumers. Tailor your product offerings to meet these needs.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure your products comply with China’s strict regulatory standards for health supplements. Obtaining the necessary approvals and certifications is crucial for building trust with consumers.
- Quality Assurance: Emphasize product quality and safety through rigorous testing and transparent labeling. Chinese consumers highly value trusted brands that prioritize quality.
- Credible Marketing: Collaborate with healthcare professionals, nutritionists, and influencers to endorse your products. Building credibility and trust is essential in the Chinese market.
- Localization: Localize your marketing materials, including packaging, website content, and social media posts, to resonate with Chinese consumers. Language and cultural nuances matter.
- Digital Marketing: Leverage the power of digital marketing in China. Platforms like WeChat, Weibo, and Douyin (TikTok) are essential for reaching a vast online audience.
- E-commerce Channels: Utilize popular e-commerce platforms like Tmall, JD.com, and Taobao to sell your health supplements. These platforms offer a vast customer base and robust logistics support.
- Cross-Border E-commerce: Consider entering the cross-border e-commerce market, which allows you to sell directly to Chinese consumers without the need for a physical presence in China.
- KOL (Key Opinion Leader) Collaborations: Partner with Chinese KOLs in the health and wellness niche to promote your products. Their recommendations can significantly influence consumer choices.
- Social Proof: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews and testimonials on your e-commerce platforms. Positive feedback can boost your brand’s reputation.
Best Platforms for Selling Health Supplements in China:
|China’s largest e-commerce platform for foreign brands.
|Another major e-commerce platform with cross-border sales.
|Via Resellers, personnal shopper
|Allows brands to create e-commerce stores within the WeChat app.
|Popular social commerce platform for lifestyle and beauty products.
|Video-based platform suitable for influencer collaborations.(we recommand)
|Pharmacies and Retail Chains
|Partnerships with local offline stores to expand accessibility.
Health Supplement market in China
Marketing health supplements in China is a promising market, 100% crossborder , given the increasing health consciousness among Chinese consumers. By following these strategies and leveraging the right platforms, you can tap into this growing market and establish a successful presence for your health supplement brand in China. Remember that building trust and adapting to local preferences are key to your long-term success in this dynamic market.
We Can hep you …
Contact us if you need help